Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Husband of the year award!

Yes, that's right my husband wins the husband of the year award!!! For what, you ask? Let me tell you...

I woke up around 1:40am for a pee run. I roll out of bed all groggily-eyed, get on my feet and head out of our bedroom; only to find a big black blob running across my kitchen floor. I nearly had a heart attack, stopped right in my tracks and watched it run under the kitchen table. Now that I was fully awake from the scare of this little monster, I flipped the kitchen light on to try to see exactly what this creature was. Not being able to get a good look (because I was terrified of getting too close to it) I ran to my room and grabbed a shoe from the floor. Got back in the kitchen and the little bastard was gone! I was horrified, it could have been anywhere at this point!!!!! I run back into my bedroom, tap hubby on the shoulder; he quietly muffles "hmpphh." I was like "Babe!! Get up!!! There's a bug in the kitchen, it ran away, I can't find it, I need it dead!!!" So hubby rolls out of bed, stumbles into the kitchen and the little sucker is staring right at us from the OTHER side of the kitchen. J goes... "What the hell is that thing?" I was like "I don't know, I think it's a spider, just kill it!" He reaches down to smack it with the shoe and it jumps away. That's the moment I realized it was just a huge, over sized cricket (that very much resembled a big hairy spider). J reaches down again and gets it this time. *Sigh of relief* I can now go to bed knowing the big scary creature in the kitchen is gone.

And the best husband of the year award goes to................... My love, for getting up in the middle of the night to save me from the gigantic cricket that almost sent me into preterm labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment