Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good News Galore

Yes, that's right, IT'S A GIRL! We are so excited to be welcoming a new little girl to our family. Kenna was with us for the sonogram and I think she still doesn't quite get it all the way. We told her that the new baby is a girl and she responded with "No, I'm a girl!" lol It was pretty cute. Gav was at school when we went to the doctor but when I picked him up, I said.. "So do you want to know if you're going to have a brother or a sister?" He said.. Yess!! I said "Well, you're going to have another SISTER!!!!" He put his hand on his forehead and said... Ohhh man. lol It was so funny. He is already a wonderful big brother to Kenna, and I know he will love and adore his new little sister just as much.

Everything looked good at the sono, she was measuring 19w5d so pretty much right on track. She has no signs of a cleft lip... Phew! That was weighing on my mind the night before, so it was a relief to hear everything looked good! We go back in month for another check up.

Some more good news... We set a wedding date! J and I got engaged in August, and were planning for a Sept 2012 wedding before we found out we were pregnant. Then we had to decide if we wanted to wait a few years and have the wedding we were originally planning for, or if we wanted to get married soon, before the baby makes her arrival. It was a pretty easy decision, we want to be married when our little girl is born. So our date is set for February 26, 2012... It's going to be a very small event with just our close families, in his parents little church, and a dinner with our guests afterwards. I am SO excited for this. I cannot wait to marry this man, and spend the rest of my life with him. I literally could not imagine my life with anyone else, he IS the one for me. I am so happy I found him :)

Life is great! And I am so thankful to God for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment